Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor
Eric joined the Marines on the delayed entry program prior to graduating from Gettysburg High School in 2000. While in high school, he excelled on the swim team and in other team sports including soccer and baseball. Outside of school, his commitment to helping others could be seen in his work as a lifeguard, swim instructor, and swim coach at the Gettysburg YWCA. The thing Eric was most proud of was being a Marine. He had re-enlisted and intended to go to military police school, and hoped to pursue a career in law enforcement in civilian life, when he was killed. Eric's sense of humor will be missed.
Jacob Withers is studying Engineering, Army ROTC at Virginia Tech. He is pictured here with Stan Clark (left) and Eric's parents, Susan and John McColley.
Emma Harvey is studying Physical Therapy at the University of South Carolina. She is pictured here with Stan Clark and Eric's parents, Susan and John McColley.
Andrea Rosa is studying Linguistics at the University of Kansas. She is pictured here with co-chair of Eric's Scholarship, Stan Clark (presenting) and Eric's parents, Susan and John McColley
Emma Bahm is pursing a degree in Criminal Psychology at Liberty University. She is pictured here with her parents, Jason and Beth Bahm.
Dakota Peterson is studying Criminal Justice at the Valley Forge Military Academy. He is pictured here with co-chair of Eric's Scholarship, Stan Clark (left) and Eric's parents, Susan and John McColley.
Jason Altman received the Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor at Gettysburg High School, PA. He is studying at Penn State where he is apart of the ROTC and major in Aerospace Technology.
Jason is pictured John McColley, his parents Angela and Donald and with Foundation board member and co-chair of Eric's scholarship, Stan Clark (right).
Lucas Riley (left) received the Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor at Gettysburg High School, PA. He is going into the field of Criminal Justice.
Lucas is pictured with Foundation board member and co-chair of Eric's scholarship, Stan Clark and Jon Hartzel, last years recipient.
Jonathan Hartzel attended Harrisburg Community College. He believes that giving back to the community is very important and has done so himself as a volunteer firefighter with the Gettysburg Fire Department. Jonathan is pictured here with Eric's parents, John and Susan McColley.
The 4th annual Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor was awarded to Elizabeth Dahlen. Liz pusued a degree in Elementary Education and would like to specialize in Physical Education. She is pictured here with her brother, Chris, who just graduated from Army boot camp and her Mom and Dad.
Christian Warner was awarded the 3rd annual Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor. Christian enlisted in the Army National Guard. He is pictured here with Mr. and Mrs. McColley.
The 2008 Sergeant Jonathan Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor Award was presented to Margaret S. Dombrowsky. Maggie attended Bucknell University and majored in pre-law, and was involved in the ROTC program. Pictured here with Mr. and Mrs. McColley.
The first annual Sergeant Jonathan Eric McColley Scholarship of Honor Award was presented to Zach Sites of Orrtanna, PA, on May 29, 2007. It was presented by Medal of Honor Recipient, Colonel Wesley Fox. Zach has been active as a volunteer in the Cashtown Fire Company as an EMT, and was accepted in the EMT - Paramedic Program at HACC. He has since become a professional firefighter and paramedic.
3 Star Contributors
- Gettysburg Anniversary Committee
- Gettysburg VFW Post # 15 Ladies Auxiliary
2 Star Contributors
- 40 & 8 Voiture # 731
- Adams County Fish and Game Association
- American Legion Ladies Auxiliary
Unit # 202
- American Legion Bingo
- American Legion Club of Gettysburg
- American Legion Post # 202
- Builders Association of Adams County
- Mr. and Mrs. Edward Brooks
- Flip Fazenbaker
- Gettysburg Boy Scout Troop 73
- Gettysburg Moose Lodge # 1526
- Mr. and Mrs. Clifford McColley
- PNC Bank
- Police and Community Together (P.A.C.T.)
- St. James Lutheran Church
- James and Marian Sutton
- Weyers Family Foundation
- Albert Lentz Squadron 202 Sons of the American Legion
- Gettysburg Battlefield Detachment-705 Marine
1 Star Contributors
- Gettysburg High School Class of 1946
- Gettysburg VFW Ladies Auxiliary
- Gettysburg VFW Post #15
- Gettysburg WW II Memorial Dedication Committee
- Leonard Hancock
- Helicopter Applicators, Inc.
- Hockley and O'Donnell Insurance
- Home Association of McSherrystown
- Anna Hoover
- The Horse Soldier
- Robert B. Lurate
- Marine Corps League-Mountain Cities Detachment
- Marine Corps League-Paul Seaton Detachment
- Robert and Janet Marten
- Rheda Martin
- Kathleen McCullough
- Mummasburg Athletic and Sportsmen's Club
- Peter and Kathryn Murphy
- Willis Musselman
- John Neiderer
- Ben Newton
- Poker Run
- Sanford Poger
- Dr. and Mrs. Michael Posner
- Senator Terry Punt
- Sites Realty Inc.
- Captain and Mrs.Gary Ryan-USN,Ret.
- John and Doris Swenson
- Robert and Marilyn Teeter
- Tom's Dream Company Inc.
- Union Drummer Boy
- VFW Post 6658-Emmitsburg Memorial Post
- VFW Post 6954-Mason-Dixon Memorial Post
- Veterans of the Vietnam War Post 59
- 30 West Auto Sales
- Adams County National Bank
- Adams Electric Cooperative
- AERO Energy
- Alexander Autographs Inc.
- Allied Veterans Council of Adams County
- Antique Center of Gettysburg
- Russell Banks
- John and Marjorie Barnes
- Clyde W. Baumgardner
- Geraldine Brakefield
- George & Mildred Burkett
- Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary #1342
- CWO-4 & Mrs Hal Camlin
- Stan Clark Military Books
- Stan and Candi Clark
- Crouthamel Construction Company
- John Wesley Culp Memorial Camp No. 1961
- Janet Deasy
- Ashley Edwardson and Family
- Exchange Club of Gettysburg
- Barry Fair
- Fraternal Order of Eagles #2226
- Dale and Anne Gallon
- Gettysburg Animal Hospital
- Gettysburg Beer Mart
- Gettysburg Campground
- Gettysburg Construction Company
- Gettysburg Eagles Post No. 1562
- Gettysburg Family Restaurant
- Stephen and Julie Walter
- Dennis and Donna White
- Paul S. Witt
- Dr. and Mrs. Paul Zeshonsky
Special Dedication Contributors
- Tammy and Frederick Myers
- George Parker, Jr.
- Kevin and Maegan Parker
- Bram and Marilyn Peterson
- Keith, Sandy, Dustin and Lucas Riley
- Ola and Daniel Santoni
- Congressman Todd and Mrs. Leslie Platts
- Charles Raffensperger
- Frank and Claudia Ramey
- John and Judith Seilhamer
- Philip Tate
- Larry and Linda Taylor
- Thomas Publications
- Dale and Christa Williams
- Meg Williams
- 1st Lt. Jennifer A. Simpson,U.S.Marine Corps
- Marine Corps League-Detachment 524
- Marine Corps League-Juniata Detachment
- Marine Corps League-First Capitol Detachment
- Linda Marshall
- Donna Martin
- Milton Moyer
- AGCOM, Inc
- George and Eleanor Arrington
- Frederic and Tessa Bardo
- Battlefield Leathers, Inc.
- Judy Bettinger
- Robert Boehner
- Brad, Stacy, and Kristi Bowman
- Daniel and Shirley Bowman
- Edward and Joanne Brownley
- Colonel Wayne Burt, USMC
- Butternut and Blue
- John and Cynthia Campbell
- Catholic War Veterans Post 1342
- Lucas Crumbacker
- Sgt Major and Mrs. Jamie Deets and Family
- Ernie's Texas Lunch
- Ron and Carol Fox
- Tim and Debra Hartlaub
- Holliday Giles
- Helene Kereluk
- Dennis and Nancy Knox
- Bill and Liz Little
- Mike Conklin
- ECHO Company,2nd Battalion,25th Marines
- Fields of Glory
- Colonel Wesley Fox, USMC, Ret., MOH
- Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce
- Gettysburg Experience Magazine
- Gettysburg Frame Shop
- Gettysburg Times
- General Stan Musser, USAF, Retired
- Historic Tour Company
- Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 464
- United States Marine Corps
- WGET 1320
- Mike & Robin White
- Wyndham Gettysburg